January 13, 2009

My Little-Big Girl

Kelsie's 1 year doctor appointment was last Thursday. She's a whopping 19lbs! You go girl. The doctor said she is now big enough to go in a front facing car seat so that was the big project last weekend. We finally got it in the car and now she's a whole new woman. I don't know if its the car seat or the fact she's one but she's gained quite the attitude lately. Mostly she loves the independence and loves being just like Kailee in the car. Yesterday on the way to the babysitters she started singing. It went something like this: goya-goya-goya. Then Kailee chimed in. Her version was: goya-goya-dora. I asked Kailee what goya meant. She said "Kailee don't know". Great I may never figure this one out. Mornings are always fun. The three of us share a wonderful breakfast of oyster crackers. Kelsie takes off her hat and Kailee kicks off her shoes and then we sing goya-goya. What could be better at 7AM???

















OH and some major milestones only two weeks after her first b-day:
Kels FINALLY went down the stairs backwards. WooHoo!!
And she said her first animal sound. None other than a duck. I'll show her a picture and she'll say kwa-kwa, kwa-kwa.

Still no teeth though. That will be a great day...

No comments: