December 5, 2010

Molly Mouse's Sugar Plum

Mazee took us to Molly Mouse's Sugar Plum Debut children's ballet for Christmas. It was at the Jeanne' Wagner Theatre and programmed for young children. In other words it was ok if your kid was a little noisy and stir crazy. (Unlike Ballet West's performance of The Nutcracker- which I also got to see this year, sans Kelsie) In the beginning all the mice were dressed in jammies and Kels couldn't quite figure out what was going on. Then the main mouse (Molly -or Clara in the real thing) did a pirouette. Then it clicked for Kelsie and she yelled out " A BA-YA-WEENA!!!" The girls both LOVED it but couldn't understand why they didn't get to join the other dancers on the stage. Oh boy... Luckily just outside the main theatre were several other dance rooms. This is where we spent intermission and about a hour after the show.

Have I mentioned how Kelsie HATES getting her picture taken??? Well, its triple as bad when she's being pulled away from the dance floor and has to smile for a stranger.
On our way home, Kailee learned how to use my camera. Granted she took about a hundred of the back of my seat but after a while she got the hang of it and actually snapped some good shots. When I plugged in my camera I found a bunch like this:

GO KAILEE! haha!! She's so funny. We did have so much fun that night. Thanks Maz!

Here are a few more pics from after we got home. Kelsie loves to drink water from the squirter (don't worry- it was fresh). Mostly I just LOVE her outfit- and her. Please stay little forever...

No comments: