We had the most amazing opportunity to take a family vacation to California this year. I have so much to write and tell about that I'll have to do it in 5 different posts- maybe more. :) It all started when my mom received a phone call from an old co-worker/friend. She had a whole week condo timeshare literally 2 blocks away from Disneyland that their family wasn't going to be able to use this year. UM, YES PLEASE. Only problem is that it was the following month. We really thought, pondered and wondered if we could really pull it off. Then we decided it would we dumb of us to NOT take advantage of it. Plus, we're crazy like that. So the planning begun. Its all we thought about for a whole month. We already had a trip planned to go to St. George but we originally had it planned for the week before. Luckily we were able to change things around. Everything just worked out perfectly. I made a countdown calender so the girls would be able to able to understand time better. It was exciting to put a Mickey sticker on each day.
We left in the afternoon on Sunday, October 10th. (10-10-10 cool huh!) Papa Don, Grammy & Dustin met us in Spanish Fork. From there we all crammed into their suburban. ALL 7 OF US! PLUS LUGGAGE!!! Well actually Papa Don had to buy 2 luggage racks so we could fit everything in. I blame it on the wheelchair. Oh, I haven't mentioned that yet??? Let me rewind a second. In that hectic month of planning before the trip, I fell down the stairs at the movie theater and broke my foot- in 2 different places! What a good picture to start with...
Classic Lindsie moment, right?!? I really didn't require a wheelchair but the boot that I had to wear was so big and heavy and considering how much walking we were doing I decided it was best. Plus apparently I'm kind of clumsy. :) SO back to the road trip... Brittany & I made up car activity packets, games, books, treats, and of course plenty of movies for the girls. They were troopers though! That's a long time to be in a car and they both did great the whole time!
We arrived in St George just before 10pm and were all pretty exhausted but excited to be there. Thank goodness for Aunt Toot & Uncle Mike. They let us stay in their house again! Its perfect for us! That next day we met Grandpa Paul & Grandma Sandy at Bloomington Park for pizza, play time and fun visiting.




We left in the afternoon on Sunday, October 10th. (10-10-10 cool huh!) Papa Don, Grammy & Dustin met us in Spanish Fork. From there we all crammed into their suburban. ALL 7 OF US! PLUS LUGGAGE!!! Well actually Papa Don had to buy 2 luggage racks so we could fit everything in. I blame it on the wheelchair. Oh, I haven't mentioned that yet??? Let me rewind a second. In that hectic month of planning before the trip, I fell down the stairs at the movie theater and broke my foot- in 2 different places! What a good picture to start with...
Classic Lindsie moment, right?!? I really didn't require a wheelchair but the boot that I had to wear was so big and heavy and considering how much walking we were doing I decided it was best. Plus apparently I'm kind of clumsy. :) SO back to the road trip... Brittany & I made up car activity packets, games, books, treats, and of course plenty of movies for the girls. They were troopers though! That's a long time to be in a car and they both did great the whole time!
We arrived in St George just before 10pm and were all pretty exhausted but excited to be there. Thank goodness for Aunt Toot & Uncle Mike. They let us stay in their house again! Its perfect for us! That next day we met Grandpa Paul & Grandma Sandy at Bloomington Park for pizza, play time and fun visiting.



My mom (Grammy) kept awesome notes and printed us all a 6 page journal of the whole trip. She's such a great writer. Every time you see something in itialics in the next couple posts is from her entry. Thanks Momma!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment