Our maps and GPS told us that Huntington Beach was 14 miles away and I personally couldn’t wait! So we loaded back into the suburban, took Harbor Blvd. to Beach Blvd. and a half hour later we were there! It was a rush for me! Nothing else like that view and the smell of the beach. The sky was cloudy and grey (no surprise for October at the beach), but the ocean was beautiful and waves were big! We parked and walked/ran down to the water. I knew it was especially hard for Linds with her broken foot. Walking through the sand? Ouch. Carrying a two year old? Double ouch. We had a great time there. Dustin, smart in swim trunks, Kailee, Brittany and I couldn’t wait to get wet! The water felt surprisingly warm. Don chose not to get in. Kels was upset over getting sand in her sandals, and wasn’t fond of the water so much, so Linds carried her. At one point Brittany looked around for Kailee, and there she was making snow angels in the sand! Are we from Utah or what? It was fun to watch a couple of wanna be surfers, and Kelsie laughed at the many tiny birds hopping along the shoreline. We stayed there until the sun was pretty much set, although it was too cloudy for a beautiful view. I’m so super glad we went.



No comments:
Post a Comment