As Kelsie was getting off, she sat down on the metal to slide off and apparently it had been in the sun and burnt her leg really bad. I was trying to get through the gate to get to her and she was just screaming. It broke my heart. Stupid ride (fill in major cuss words here)!!! I was going to take her right home but she cried even harder because she still wanted to ride the horses. We ended up taking her to the first aid booth. Bless their hearts but they did no good! They gave us an ice pack that for 1 never got cold and 2 she wouldn't even let us touch her leg. URG! Burns are awful and I was so upset for her. We tried to still have fun after that but it was tricky. :( Yes, I still let her ride the pony but she was super careful with her leg and I don't think she even smiled once. 


We were all able to ride the ferris wheel and got a few smiles here:
The best was the tidal wave. Kels was actually giggling here even though her face shows differently. Honest. I think it was a mixture of I'm scared... no wait this is fun... no wait... this is freaky and I'm having a blast! 
I'm not going to post any pictures of her leg. Its a vision I'd rather forget. We went home right after and put Burn Free on her leg. She cried at first but that stuff seriously works miracles. I don't think its sold in stores but everyone should own a bottle. Even though the marks stayed on Kelsie's leg for a good couple weeks after, she never complained about it hurting.
These pictures were taken before the carnival. This is one of my favorite outfits that Kelsie has and she even wore the bandanna. She looked so super cute, as always!

No comments:
Post a Comment