This is the view from where we were sitting. See all the skiers walking... My mom even saw someone drive up in a red convertible with the top down packed full of snowboarders.
Every year Snowbird has a big 4th of July breakfast over at the Center. Usually its pretty mellow. Add in all the skiers and boarders to that and I don't know that I've ever seen that many people up there. There was a band playing and everyone was just happy.



Even the tram was dressed up for the occasion. (Look at all the people crammed in there.)
Most of the snow was at the top of the tram and along the backside of the mountain. Here is a pic of Kels. The snow at some places was up to her waist. It was perfect shorts - yet jacket weather.
This is a picture of the front page of the Salt Lake Tribune on July 5th. I think they sold like 3100 ski/tram passes that day. They were selling t-shirts that said something like I skied on July 4th and they were sold out by early afternoon. I'm telling you, it was chaos. i'm sure we're actually in that picture somewhere...
Somehow we even managed to make it on Fox 13 news. HAHA
Here are a couple more video's of us dancing to the band. I look like a dork, but you know what, I don't care. We had so much fun and really that's all that mattered.
No comments:
Post a Comment